BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Criticize my work

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi im new in archicad and i want to improve my renders
i appreciate any tips or anything else

thank you
28 REPLIES 28
WENDY_NEVERLAND wrote:
http://mediamax.streamload.com/vivifliouka/Hosted/PROJECT_PLAN_WENDY.rar

i found one site i hope it works here is my project in pla format rared!

i appreciate any advice
I was able to follow the link if I deleted the .rar There is a 6MB file there but when opened it is just a bunch of letters on the screen. It may take some special download proceedure. ? If you find a good site for this let me know. I would like to make some files available too. I really like ImageShack for pictures.

Here is a link to some. http://www.lights.com/pickalink/freestorage/

Free is the main thing for me.

Try this link to see if my file is there. BH2.pdf

It may work better for those interested in your model to just e-mail it to them.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
really its not working?
i dont know what to do
its a free site but i dont exactly how it works!

anyway ill keep searching
i let you know if i find sth
thanks for checking

if anyone wants to try i can email it personally just me an email and ill send a rar 5MB
ill still keep trying to upload it
thanks in advance
Actually, I think is will work fine. I just didn't know what .rar was. It's like WinZip. I will check it out.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

The link works fine Wendy.
Wendy's Rendering file.jpg

Dwight
Newcomer
Works fine here.

You need UnRar to decompress it.

An ongoing problem with PLA is that the archive fails to include textures from objects that make an internal call for a texture.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Works fine here.

You need UnRar to decompress it.

An ongoing problem with PLA is that the archive fails to include textures from objects that make an internal call for a texture.
steven i didnt understand you were asking about rar its like zip

dwight how can i send the textures? you mean that you dont have the textures outside lib9?
all the walls are made with a texture i named fix dont you have it?

thanks a lot for downloading!!!!
ill be in touch
Anonymous
Not applicable
my project is also available on the following link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76CJJY75

(i think it works)
thanks again for helping me out
Dwight
Newcomer
I have reviewed your file:

1: the textures called by your pictbox treEs did not transfer. This is normal since the PLA file does not archive textures called by objects. No problem for me - just hide the trees.

2: Lose the ArchiCAD background photo - too much magenta and has a bad viewpoint. Use graduated Background in LightWorks instead.

3: Turn off Camera Light. Camera Light Bad.

4: Use SunObject, SkyObject and UnderSunObject instead of the Built-in Sun. Sun Light Sources: 10, Divergence to 45 degrees for soft shadows.

5: Your wall material is shiny. Lose the texture and use Displacement Class - Shader: "Rough" at Parameters: 0.01, 0.01, 1,1, instead.

6: Your water came in as Material C05 - Switch to a textured water.

That's a start.

All this and more in "LightWorks in ArchiCAD." But you knew that. Save hours of noodling with one colorful book.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
dwight thanks a lot
my water is an extra texture thats why you cannot see

lights is my problem and your tips are quite useful

thanks a lot i hope in 10 - 20 years to achieve renders better than yours !!! lol 🙂 but still they will be with your advice

thanks , thanks ....!!! 😛
Learn and get certified!