Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Crytics please

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a rendering i made a couple of weeks a go, well at least the building. The people are pasted in with photoshop, as well as a few tweaks. Just wondering what you're thoughts are about this.

0405-070705-ROC-RIJC-A3-def-small.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
nice, but the man in red must be 2.5 meters high? I think he's too big and it feels like he takes too much of the sight. Easy to fast your eye on him instead of the building.

Myself I would have less mirroreffect on the glas.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, there are a couple of large people in Holland (i didn't do the photoshopping )
Dwight
Newcomer
I was asked by private message to comment, so here goes:

This is a nice rendering because the building is "light," having no sinister shadows that usually plague LightWorks [as implemented in Archicad] images. Combining this with a cloudy sky background makes the image plausible since clouds could reflect sunlight into the overhanging areas that are usually so dark. You have managed LightWorks well - especially the whites!!

I take issue with two other matters - but about taste, not technology:

1: Entourage placement.

The foreground teenagers distract me from the subject. The one on the left is going to steal my purse the way he is looking, even if he is driving an innocuous 200kg Dutch bicycle. Good thing it is flat, there. The one on the right is his accomplice. Perhaps he is the one with the knife. I would never notice the tall Dutchman except for his gaudy RED SUIT. The three orange/red figures are also a distraction.

3: Composition.

1/4 of your art is pavement. Pavement should always be a tiny part of any image - like a plinth, say. If it must be huge, dapple shadows on it and fill it with cars, not skateboarder thief punks.

I feel the top corner of the building is crammed - add more sky.

My inclination is to move the camera to the left to disambiguate the diagonal facade line.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
I was asked by private message to comment, so here goes:I would never notice the tall Dutchman except for his gaudy RED SUIT.
That was what I meant too, down under my paper, the red suit makes him feel "bigger" than what he is and because of that steals the show.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight and TurboGlider,

First of all I wanted to know who you feel about the rendering (I felt good about it) and apparently it is quite good. But i wanted to hear it from the Yoda of Lghtworks . In the future I will concentrate more on the composition and be carefull which colors to use.

Thanks again, now i can sleep again............
Dwight
Newcomer
Just for fun i did a little photoshopping.....

If there was more time, I'd bring the bus and left-hand crosswalkers into the scene.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would say eliminate the Cable Car Lines also. Although they are a good touch of realism, they do distract from your subject, The building (which is pretty darn cool I might add). Typically Clients/Owners are not iterested in Cable Car lines
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again for the comments. Ziagram, you're right about the cables, but on the other side,those cables are on the site. And Dwight...to be honest..the building looks a little better in your q & d photoshop edit:).

So I've another question for you guys. For making this rendering I received a wide angle picture of the site. Therefore the building is created in a wideangle shot as well. But after reading you're remarks, i think it is better to create an image that's more like a view from the human eye?
And next to that, although there are cables in the view in reality, skip them when it's distracting? ( I would think it would add more realism in the picture.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight's comments are better than monty python

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!