BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Curtain Wall Labels Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I couldn't find a topic on this issue and it is a bit complicated.
I have a teamwork project with multiple curtain walls on different stories with labels for the curtain wall object and labels for the individual panels in the curtain wall (only doors).
When making the labels everything works fine in the Views, but on the Layout, labels show up where they are not supposed to. There are two problems:

1. accindental labels show up: these were deleted before publishing because not the right element was labeled (eg: mullions instead of panels)
2. if panels are labeled on different storeys each storey's labels show up on all the storeys the curtain wall is displayed on

There is no problem with labels made using the label tool, only with labels made by the "Document > Labeling > Label Curtain Wall elements" menu (sorry, I don't know the exact names because i have the hungarian version).
This problem occurs sometimes on the Layout view, sometimes only after the Layout is saved as or published to pdf.

The only solution I found is to make a copy of the curtain wall make all the labels without mistakes, and delete the old CW. Unfortunately multi-storey CW labels still show up on the wrong floor plans.
Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the spelling mistakes.
Unfortunately we weren't able to solve the problem in AC20. The problem still occurs after updating.
(Half)Solution is
1) deleting the CWs with spoiled markers/labels,
2) making a "marker" with the Line and Text tool,
3) placing these drawn markers manually, rewriting dimensions one-by-one if there are doors with different sizes
Learn and get certified!