BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Curtain Wall - not showing up in plan as in 3d??

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached image.
curtain wall with a double door insert not showing up properly in plan as it is showing up in 3d. Elevation is not reading properly either.

curtain-wall-plan-3d-error-doubledoor-small.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rob:

Taking a quick look at the cw door 12, try Options > Opening Type > Side Hung Mirrored, and Options > Top Direction > 0˚. One will change the 2D Symbol, the other the opening lines (and swing direction) in 3D.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks for you input David.
Noticed you hail from DC. Where do you work?
I'll be moving there in 30 days and was looking for employment.

are you on your own or do you work for a firm??

thanks for the tip I'll try your suggestions.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
David wrote:
Rob:

Taking a quick look at the cw door 12, try Options > Opening Type > Side Hung Mirrored, and Options > Top Direction > 0˚. One will change the 2D Symbol, the other the opening lines (and swing direction) in 3D.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David,
yer instructions worked well. Only thing is that it's a bit "clunky-cumbersome" to edit the door inserts within the curtain wall. kinda feels a bit weird (until you get used to the settings) what each option setting does....but it worked.

thanks again,

Rob
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!