BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom Dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning,

1. Does anyone know how to create a dimension line with the measured value above the dimension line, and custom text below the dimension line. I've attached an image.
2. Is there a way to remove the comma from the dimension using os x?

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Olivia wrote:
1. Does anyone know how to create a dimension line with the measured value above the dimension line, and custom text below the dimension line. I've attached an image.
This can't be done unless you use separate text (not custom text).
You could always create a poll in the wish section that you and others can vote on.
You never know what might happen if you make the suggestion there.

Olivia wrote:
With Windows OS it is a system setting (not Archicad) so I am sure it will be the same with Mac OS.
You will need to look at the number formatting in your system settings.
But you will need to be careful if you use multiple machines - they will all need to be set the same.
Otherwise you will have some dimensions with a comma and some without if you swap machines while working on a job.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
Olivia wrote:
With Windows OS it is a system setting (not Archicad) so I am sure it will be the same with Mac OS.
You will need to look at the number formatting in your system settings.
But you will need to be careful if you use multiple machines - they will all need to be set the same.
Otherwise you will have some dimensions with a comma and some without if you swap machines while working on a job.
On the Mac go to System Preferences > Language and Region > Advanced... > General > Number separators: Grouping and set to None. You will need to restart ArchiCAD to see the change. As Barry said, this is a system wide setting, not just for ArchiCAD, but will only affect your machine.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
Olivia wrote:
This can't be done unless you use separate text (not custom text).
You could always create a poll in the wish section that you and others can vote on.
You never know what might happen if you make the suggestion there.

Barry.
Your wish has come true in version 19.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!