Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom Window tag

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to workout in Archicad how to create custom window tag that automatically picks up the type of window, height and width in the following fashion, ASW-0606. In Australia this is the conventional method to name the windows on the plan view which stands for "Aluminium Sliding Window - 600mm High x 610mm Wide".

At the moment I have to manually add the text next to every window on the floor plan and it is a tedious task and sometimes I forget to change the tag when I have to change the window size. I have also come up with another method where I create a template that has all of the standard window sizes and each window has a custom text tag but I found that I will need to create around 200 different windows to cover all of the different sized windows available to us in Australia.

What I want to achieve is a tag that automatically changes whenever I change the type of window opening, its height and width like I mentioned above. I would appreciate if anyone can shed some light onto my request or knows a way that this can be achieved. I have only been an Archicad user for just over a year so I'm not that knowledgeable about tags in Archicad.

Thankyou
0 REPLIES 0