Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom associative core dimension text position defaults when elements move

Sergey K_
Contributor
Hi everyone,
This is what's bugging me a little.
I pick dimension tool and set it to "Automatically dimension walls and slabs", check"Outer faces" and "Core faces". Then I place an associative dimension on walls, picking their sides, so that the wall thickness and it's layers thickness is shown automatically. Then I tweak the position of the dimension text, so that it wouldn't overlap other graphical elements or just would look better. After that, if any wall changes it's position and the dimensions have to update themselves, or the dimension chain is moved, the customized dimension text position defaults to its original automatic "default" location.
This concerns only core automatic dimensions.
Often it seems to me, that those dimensions default themselves in Teamwork, after some updates to the model were sent/received, even if the wall geometry has not changed.
Am I doing something wrong, or that is just a technical imperfection?

I am currently using Archicad 24 build 5000 (windows) in Teamwork. Same happens on Archicad 25 3002 (installed it for a test run).
Archicad 24 b5000 RUS: Archicad 25 b3002 INT:
---
Thanks to all developers reading these user reports/complaints! You are doing a wonderful job making this beautiful piece of amazingly complicated software work well, and look good!
3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Sergey,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

We found out that this was an unknown bug, already happened since Archicad 23. We have registered the issue as DEF-5980. Hopefully, it won't be a difficult one to fix!

Thank you once again for sharing this bug, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

Have a great day!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello,

I am checking in to see if there has been any update on this issue.  I have the exact same thing happen periodically on my projects for the past two years.  It seems to happen most specifically on my basement plans.  We have tried everything we can think of to keep the dimension texts in place, but nothing works. I don't want to have to adjust the text location every time we print a set of plans. 

Thanks for the information,

Katrina

-K

ARCHICAD 26

PC

I just realized my signature is out of date.  I am also working on 24, but have had this issue with previous versions as well. I have not yet upgraded to 25.

Thanks,

-K

ARCHICAD 26

PC