Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom door marker/autotext in door marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I'm facing this problem:
I need to put in the door marker (standard lollipop like marker) more information that it allows.
Specifically, I want to show nominal size and wall hole size eg.: 200 (205)/90 (101).
Now I see two approaches. One is to make custom door marker and the second is to put auto text in "user text" despite "measured value".
First option is more forward thinking wich I would love to accomplish, but I have nothing to none experience with GDL.
The second looks easy despite the fact that I have no clue where to find autotexts for door dimensions. I know how to insert auto text in label and how to find correct parameter but archicad doesn't show what's "behind" inserted autotext. I've checked that some auto text keywords works with door marker, but those are project based "parameters" like project title. I actually don't know if this would work with object specific parameters.
Can anyone help?
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Check the available markers, we have several in our library that allow for a lot of options (that we don't use for the most part, to be honest).

Maybe one of the other markers (assuming you have more than one available as well), will do what you need.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
In version 22 you can draw your own lines, circles and autotext, select it all and then save as a 'label' (the same as you would save as an object).
It won't be a marker but it is easy to label a door with the label tool.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
I do not have any door markers that can do what I want.
The idea with labels at first sounded promising but... I've found out that there is very little parameters to choose from. I can't pull out, for example the egress width...
Is there a way to add parameters to this parameter & properties list?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/16867 this marker should be part of the standard library and should be able to show several differtent sizes set up.

Either go for that or open it to see if you can edit it or which global parameters are used to grab the needed information.

Personally I use dimension lines to show this kind of information, seems like a marker will get cluttered fast, even at 1:50 scale plans.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5