Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Custom drawing title issue with ArchiCAD 25

Scott Newland
Participant
The custom drawing titles I use have started to show ALL drawing titles on the layout, not just the individual drawing titles. This is even after I recreated the custom title in ArchiCAD 25 and followed the ArchiCAD instructions for doing so. If I have multiple drawings at multiple scales on a single layout, like the attached example, you can see what happens. The AutoText used is simple, with Drawing ID, Drawing Name, and Drawing Scale only. I don't like the built-in Titles so I'd like to solve this.
Scott J. Newland, AIA
ArchiCAD 25
iMac running OS 11.5
12 REPLIES 12
Eduardo Rolon
Confirmed Bug.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Scott,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

This is a defect with Custom Drawing Title in AC25 (it is recorded in our database as DEF-5748). At the moment, unfortunately, there is no workaround for this bug yet. I can only suggest using the default titles until the bug gets fixed.

The bug will be fixed in Update 2 for Archicad 25. Once again I truly apologize for the inconvenience! Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
Is this related to the same problem?
Or is it something new?

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74384

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Barry,

Thanks for letting me know about this!

These two are not the same defect. The new one is mentioned is DEF-2652. The good news is it has been fixed Update 2 for Archicad 24 (since you have access to the beta, I think it's there already). The bad news is there is no workaround, so we will need to use an equivalent label from AC25's library.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
Thanks Minh,
I can confirm the label autotext is indeed working in the latest Beta version.

The custom drawing title seems to be working fine for me in the current release version of 25, so I am not exactly sure what the issue is there.
I generally don't use drawing titles anyway, so I may have done something different when saving a custom drawing title.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Barry,

Regarding the Drawing title with Autotext, I didn’t really follow the whole case. It was reported to us almost right after the release, so it is fixed in Update 2 for Archicad 25. Granted, I haven’t reproduced the issue myself, as I also rarely use drawing title

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

jostan
Contributor

Hi Minh,

Thanks for replying to this thread. I’ve also run into this issue (DEF-5748, custom drawing titles go haywire when exporting/printing to PDF).

It’s a major problem for my practice. Imagine having multiple drawings on each sheet, and tens of sheets per project. Then multiply that by the number of projects in the office. Sure, all drawings on each sheet could be selected and changed to use built-in drawing title, but then each drawing title would then have to be repositioned. Maybe each layout would need to be adjusted as well to fit the new drawing titles.

And of course there is the issue of appearance and consistency. I think it’s reasonably safe to say that users apply custom drawing titles because they don’t like the look of the built-in ones. In my case, it’s also because it saves space on my layouts, and keeps things tidier in general. Assuming that the custom titles were swapped out for the built-in ones through the tedious process above, and assuming that the issue is eventually fixed, one would have to go through the same process across hundreds of drawings again to restore the old titles.

I had a meeting yesterday where drawings were published shortly before the meeting started. I noticed the issue with the drawing titles, but had to send them out anyway with apologies. Fortunately, the drawings were preliminary and just for discussion in this case, so it wasn’t a huge problem. However, issuing for construction would be a much more serious matter, and I have such a drawing issue coming up.

In short, I’m trying to illustrate that this is not a trivial matter for some of us, and I hope that the bug is fixed as a matter of urgency – perhaps even in the form of a hotfix.

Brett Brown
Advocate
I agree with the above and to not fix it ASAP in the first update would be unforgivable.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
jkershaw
Enthusiast

Eduardo referred me to this page because I had the same issue (apologies for creating a new thread). I was able to solve it by using different variables. See thread here. Hope that helps.

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5