BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Custom texture/image for cinerender engine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm trying to make a custom cinerender surface/texture....

Under surface settings when I create a new surface I assumed that if I set an image for a texture under internal rendering engine, and then pressed "cinerender to match from internal" it would automatically assign the texture to the cinerender engine for that surface. But when I press on this button, nothing seems to happen, certainly my texture doesn't come up for the cinerender engine.

So, whats the best way of applying a custom texture so that cine render renders it?? I have a photo of a wall that I have made into a tillable texture in photoshop and saved it as a bmp. I was hoping to load it directly into AC18 in the surface settings for the cinerender engine. So far everything I have tried has failed to work. What happens a lot is I have the black thumbnail with the white circle turning but nothing appears.

UPDATE

OK, the problem I had above was a sorted out by restarting Archicad.

But now when I try to add a bump map image to cinerender engine, Archicad crashes.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!