Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Customize Label

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good day everyone, I'm new to this forum pls bear with me if ever i'm posting at wrong section.

Its been a month since i studied Archicad, indly help how can i make a label like the one seen in the picture?

Thanks in advance.

Label.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Drofriz:

The answer depends on the Label's use. What will be labeled? Are the upper and lower text derived from the Labeled element or are they independent text?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You sir David for answering my concern.

The upper and lower text must derived from the Labeled element ID as seen in its properties. I just don't know yet also how to make a custom Label in ArchiCAD.

Thank You.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Rizford:

You should make sure that any of the Labels that come with ArchiCAD will do what you want. For example in the US version the Object Indicator_NCS Label will display the ID of an element.

The only way to create a custom Label is by writing GDL, which takes some time to learn. If you want to go that route, then I recommend starting with an ArchiCAD Label that is close to what you want so you don't have to script everything, but just modify parts of the scripts.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14