Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cut fills in sections

What settings do I need to use to see my cut fills in sections?

For example, I want to see my footings show up with a concrete fill in section. Can I do this with out having it also show up like this in plan view.

I have tried to adjust the proper settings for this but i still can not see to get it right.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
What do you want it to look like in plan? You can probably get the job done by setting your floor plan cut plane and your wall's floor plan display to 'Projected'.

The best way around it I found in AC9 was to have a dedicated pen for that fill. In your plan you set it to white and in your section you give it color. Not absolutely perfect, but still pretty good.

Cheers,
Link.
I am using version 10.

In floor plan I want the footing to have long dashed outlines and no background. In sections I want to have a concrete fill.

10 has all sorts of new settings for cut fill so I was hoping there would be some way to do it now.

It is not that much trouble to draw in a few fills in the section but if there is a way to avoid this now i would like to know.

If it is not possible what are all the new cut fill settings for?

I am having display problems any way with 10. I think there must be some display settings somewhere I have not come across yet.

Currently, can not seem to see my vectorial fills in the layout views.
I have tried all of the settings I can find. None of them seem to work.
There must be more somewhere.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well I am certain you can't switch the linetypes between views, and as far as I have discovered, the 'new cut fill settings' are basically just the old ones formatted in a drop down list. The whole tab is still called Floor Plan and Section afterall.

It's the new Floor Plan Display that will probably be helpful to you.

As for your vectorial fills, check View > On-Screen View Options > Vectorial Hatching. This is the main part of AC9's Display Options.

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Just to add to this thread:

If you can get away with having your footings and walls on the same layer, you can probably achieve what you want by creating a complex profile for the wall. If the profile includes everything from the footing up to the top plate, it could all be modeled with one wall.

I don't think you are able to have the footings show as dashed, so that will be a bit of a problem, but you can make the wall show on it's story, while the footing also shows on it's story below.

Cheers,
Link.
Steve wrote:
I am using version 10.

In floor plan I want the footing to have long dashed outlines and no background. In sections I want to have a concrete fill.

10 has all sorts of new settings for cut fill so I was hoping there would be some way to do it now.
<snip>
Actually, you CAN do this, but it's a little tricky.

You need to set up the Outline Pen with a dashed linetype, make sure that the footing is set BELOW the floor level, and show the wall with "Overhead All" and "On Own Story only". (I think I got those right.) In other words, you don't want it CUT. (Symbolically or otherwise.) Then the footing wall will have no fill in plan, but WILL in section and can be a solid outline, set through the "Cut Surfaces" options.

Play around with this and you'll get it.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
After a little more playing around with this, it is actually easier than the above and you don't need to be so careful about setting the floor level.

As long as your wall is set to display as "Overhead all", it will take on whatever linetype you set under "Outline". HTH.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
After a little more playing around with this, it is actually easier that the above and you don't need to be so careful about setting the floor level.

As long as your wall is set to display as "Overhead all", it will take on whatever linetype you set under "Outline". HTH.
This works really well Richard - good find! I must say though, it is a shame that we still have to use a workaround to achieve these results. Afterall, 'overhead' is defined as the part of the element that is above the Floor Plan Cut Plane, which is not really the case here.

The best scenario IMHO would be to create this as one wall - one complex profile, inclduing the footing. But since there is no option for Uncut Line linetypes, we can't.

Cheers,
Link.