BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Cut timber beams with an X

Strawbale23
Expert

Back to using AC after 6 years away...

What is the way now to make  cut wood beams show an X in section??-

I did a search but the last conversation was in 2011.

Thanks

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

best bet is still a custom profile with 4 triangular fills. The profile manager no longer "heals" fills automatically in section the way it did 6 years ago, so you can use a single fill (building material). You can also set a range of horizontal/vertical stretch parameters, so you only need a single profile to cover all square cut timber for beams/joists/etc.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

best bet is still a custom profile with 4 triangular fills. The profile manager no longer "heals" fills automatically in section the way it did 6 years ago, so you can use a single fill (building material). You can also set a range of horizontal/vertical stretch parameters, so you only need a single profile to cover all square cut timber for beams/joists/etc.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

OK, so its still the same solution from 10 years ago!

I had a false memory of reading that GS had updated the beam tool to integrate this feature.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/

same solution, but it works better now. I still remember drawing profiles with a 1/64" gap between fills so the section didn't "heal"

Learn and get certified!