Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

D5 Render

David Bearss
Booster

Am fishing around to see if anyone has incorporated into their work flow and how it might compare to Twinmotion?

David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
6 REPLIES 6
gavinNZz
Advocate

Hi David, I have a collogue who might be able to give you some insight. @Nuge 

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!

Also curious 

gavinNZz
Advocate

Hi David, try asking on our discord forum. I know Nuge is active on there. Just use the link below

https://discord.gg/VcXcNChkKe

Planworks Ltd
Residential Designer based in Tauranga, NZ
Archicad v9+
VR enthusiast.
Always wants more!
Johnva2
Contributor

Hi David,

I have used both a fair bit. D5 render requires a beast of a machine to work well. The direct link with D5 works very nice from your Archicad model. Unfortunately Archicad 26 still doesn't support the direct link at this time for D5. D5 has a better lighting system, and the renders are fairly fast - depending on your GPU. I use a RTX3080. 

Twinmotion is also really good though. The direct link is amazing with it, as it retains more data from the model. You can hide single elements in Twinmotion without having to go back to Archicad and changing it. Or even if you want to move something over a little bit. The new Path Tracer is really nice, as long as you have it setup correctly. I have found the workflow with Twinmotion easier than D5 for sure. I like the high frame rate editor window as well. The new Quixel Megascans and Sketchfab integrations are amazing also.

Both these programs are the future. Ahead of Lumion, Enscape - I would say. 

Botonis
Advisor

D5 supports Archicad 26.

Great tool. Detailed library with objects. Perfect rendering engine

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

Yes you are correct. I meant to say Twinmotion Direct Link doesn't support Archicad 26. Thanks for the clarification.