Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

DARK INTERIOR PERSPECTIVES

Anonymous
Not applicable
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT CONTROL(S) GOVERNS THE BRIGHTNESS OF
AN INTERIOR PERSPECTIVE. I HAVE TOO SEPARATE PROJECTS, ONE THE
INTERIOR ELEVATIONS ARE BRIGHT, THE OTHER PROJECT WHEN GENERATED IS DARK AND GREY IN COLOUR. BOTH PROJECTS DO NOT HAVE ANY INTERIOR LIGHT SOURCES, YET THEY APPEAR VERY DIFFERENT. WHAT IS IT I'M MISSING.

HELP!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Smfox,

How are you generating the interior perspective? If it is a render, you will need a number of light sources to make it look bright & realistic. Interior elevations use a different method of display and don't need any separate 'light' (even though there are setting to display shadows!)

You could use a '3d document' if you would like a line-based perspective view with a similar feel to the interior elevations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter

Both Projects are generated in OpenGL Setting
with no Interior lighting, yet one is light and bright, and the other starts out
being light, then changes to a dark grey once final generation is completed.
It's almost like it's in a fog.

These are Interior Perspectives.

Shawn
Anonymous
Not applicable
Smfox wrote:
Both Projects are generated in OpenGL Setting
I'm not sure what you mean by this? When you say "final generation" are you referring to the rendering process where it takes a few minutes to generate a rendered image, or something else?

Could you show a screen shot of the good elevation and the problem elevation so we can see the difference perhaps?
Anonymous
Not applicable
PETER

HERE ARE INTERIOR PERSPECTIVES FROM THE TWO DIFFERENT PROJECTS.
YOU CAN SEE ONE S BRIGHTER THAN THE OTHER.

SHAWN
Screen shot 2012-06-25 at 4.05.41 PM.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
The two images appear to be taken directly from the 3d window.

It looks like you have shadows turned on in the top image, and turned off in the lower image. This option is controlled in the '3d window settings' dialog.

Does this solve the problem?

You could also check the Sun settings in the '3d projection settings' dialog box if the 3d window is still too dark. Perhaps the sun isn't bright enough, or the time means it's below the horizon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter

Thanks, it worked, sometime whats right in your face
does not always standout.

Much Thanks

Shawn