Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

DIRECT LINK SYNCRONIZATION NOT WORKING_ARCHICAD 24+TWINMOTION

georgia
Participant

Hello, 

I recently started using the Twinmotion plugin for Archicad 24 and am having trouble with the direct link synchronization. I create the direct link between the Archicad and Twinmotion files and that gets all necessary information shared across both software, but when I change something in Archicad and try to sync again, nothing happens. There is no error message. Sometimes in Archicad there is the "spinning wheel" where it says that Synchronization is happening, but still nothing updates in the Twinmotion file. 

Also, just as a general question--when I am reopening the saved Twinmotion and Archicad files, should I open both files from their saved versions? They are should still be linked via the Direct Link right? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

I personally like the datasmith link. I was against it at first, but it's growing on me.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Georgia,

It may be a better idea to ask this question on Twinmotion forum as this Add-On is developed by Epic Games so if there is an issue with it they are the ones who can do something about it:

https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/?language=en_US

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27