Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

DOOR SCHEDULE

EXPODTL
Contributor

I have found the Door Schedule; the problem is that it includes all Objects.  Now I am trying to get this schedule set to only include Doors, any suggestions?  Enclosed: Door Schedule with other objects and Scheme Settings.

Archicad 6-20, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2 in 1, (I do not recommend this Laptop

as the keyboard and battery are useless after only 2 years of use.  It works fine with Archicad 20, INCLUDES GEFORCE and INTEL I-7)

2022-12-03 (3).png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Expert

You currently have no criteria in this schedule scheme settings.  You need to include some criteria to filter what modelled elements you want to shown in the schedule - Eg Element Type is Door.

Refer help guide here for more detailed info on the criteria settings.

https://help.Graphisoft.com/AC/20/INT/#t=AC20Help%2FAppendix_Settings%2FAppendix_Settings-100.htm%23...

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
scottjm
Expert

You currently have no criteria in this schedule scheme settings.  You need to include some criteria to filter what modelled elements you want to shown in the schedule - Eg Element Type is Door.

Refer help guide here for more detailed info on the criteria settings.

https://help.Graphisoft.com/AC/20/INT/#t=AC20Help%2FAppendix_Settings%2FAppendix_Settings-100.htm%23...

Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS

RE; Door Schedule

Thanks, I got the criteria resolved.  The enclosed plan and schedule show that I need to get rid of unused, unnumbered doors and that the zone names and numbers will not show on most doors.  Do you or anybody else have any hints about this?

Archicad 6-20, Dell Inspiration 17 7000 2 in 1, (I do not recommend this Laptop

as the keyboard and battery are useless after only 2 years of use.  It works fine with Archicad 20, INCLUDES GEFORCE and INTEL I-7)

Screenshot (14).pngScreenshot (13).png
Eduardo Rolon

For the unused, unnumbered doors

The traditional trick is to type in the ID field for the door "NoID" and then use that as part of your selections i.e. element is Doors and Element ID is not "NoID".

or

With the introduction of Classifications you can use them as a filter too by unchecking that those doors have the door property unchecked and adding the "Classification is Door" to your selection.

or

you can use both to be absolute certain that nobody screws up the schedule.

----

The Zone issue usually involves playing around with them to check that the door is within its parameters. There can be precision issues. This one is more tricky to solve.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

@Eduardo Rolon wrote:

you can use both to be absolute certain that nobody screws up the schedule.

Are you sure? 😉

@EXPODTL Another criteria to consider would be the Renovation Status. I assume doors without ID's may be Existing rather than New? 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@DGSketcher It will make it harder but yep it is wishful thinking on my part. 😆

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

The only temporary solution that I could use was to get the unneeded doors that do not show up on plans, align them at end of the list, and then not include them in the printout.

Remove LABELLED from the ‘Name (Attributes)’ criteria and leave it blank. That way any door that has that property blank will be omitted. 
With zones I would honestly just add a couple of Custom Text fields into your schedule and just write them manually. You can spends hours trying to get doors and windows to read the zine correctly. The zone has to modelled exactly to the face of each side of the wall the door is in, not to core but finish face. 

You just need to set your criteria up to not select the doors (objects, elements, etc) that you do not want.

So if you doors have no ID then you set the criteria as 'Element ID is not blank' - just don't type the word blank, just leave it blank.

Or I like to give my elements an ID of "Ignore", then in criteria set 'Element ID is not Ignore'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11