Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

DataSmith / AC25 / missing parts in twinmotion

Foti
Enthusiast

Hello

I have installed twinmotion and the latest datasmith, when I imported the AC file I noticed some parts missing. They all have the same classification, same renovation filter, same layers, just perplexed on why only random parts did not transfer over. See attached image. Anything I am doing wrong?

missing parts.JPG
Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000
11 REPLIES 11
Emre Senoglu
Expert

try this:

EmreSenoglu_0-1667377047257.png

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Hello @emre, no luck with that option 😞

Foti B.

AC25

are using the direct sync? if so, you can try a exporting a datasmith file and then linking it in TM. this usually fixes most problems.

EmreSenoglu_0-1667393152670.png

www.senoglu.dk

fabioferrini
Enthusiast
  • Hi, try this: hide wall layer (or layer where are missing parts) and re-sync from datasmith Archicad palette. Wait process sync in twinmotion. Now show again the layer with miss parts and then re-sync again…

Hi Emre, for soem reason my twinmotion crashes as soon as i try and open the file.
I first followed this proceedure:

https://www.twinmotion.com/en-US/plugins/Archicad

it was working fine, I swicthed from direct x11 to 12 and i think since then my twinmotion is irrelevant. Tried sending the logs to epic and they just refered me to the twinmotion page, lets see how that goes. Dont know that community or how active they are. 😞 really bummed I can do nothing with the software.

Foti B.

AC25
Foti
Enthusiast

If i can ever open a file before it crashes ill try it. 😞

Foti B.

AC25

You should submit a bug on the twinmotion forum: contact form 

They are very active & helpful - you will probably get an answer within a day or two, and someone from the team will follow you through until the problem is fixed.

I had a similar case once, and they were able to take my file, 'decorrupt' it and send it back to me. Don't worry, you can do a lot with Twinmotion and I'm sure they'll help you to find a way to fix your file.

www.senoglu.dk

Ok epic was helpful, but original issue is still there, if i understand your order would be:

1-make a datasmith file

2- in twinmotion open new import and and use that datasmith file to like the geometry tab

3- ??

Foti B.

AC25

I tried and that didnt work either.

Foti B.

AC25