Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Datasmith connection has issues??

Djordje
Ace

This is posted to TM support forum, too, Case 00471239, if you want to follow up.

Graphisoft, Please get your plugins in order. The textures do not get across correctly, as the mapping is off.

Example Images attached.

Archicad 25 5001/6000, TM 2022.2

Back to 24 and the Direct Link that at least does not do this. It loses the textures completely after a few updates, but hey, what is it among the friends?

TM Mapping on objects wrong in TM.pngArchicad Mapping is wrong in TM.pngTM Mapping is wrong in TM.pngArchicad Mapping on objects wrong in TM.png
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried setting up a csv file for the materials?  This helped me from losing textures.

Nah, although it can help. The settings in TM can help with the textures folder (by default it is the local disk, and can be reset to the subfolder of the model location). That is not a big issue, and can be sorted.

The mapping is the problem, since it is not "this is the model, render it" scenario. It is live work in progress with many back and forths, checking, testing... designing. Not set up for the real work, definitely.

Djordje

HP Omen

The csv for material substitution stops me from losing textures. No matter how many times I sync with my model.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The Datasmith plug-in is developed by Epic Games as far as I know.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

So?

The Artlantis plugin is developed by Abvent, D5 plugin is developed by them, etc...

Workflow... currently, beyond Archicad 24, there is none for TwinMotion. Please enlighten me.

Djordje

HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Since Epic Games develops the Add-On, contacting them directly gives you a better chance that something will be done about it. It was Epic Games that changed it in AC25, so I guess they are the ones who can change it again so it works like it did in AC24.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27