Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Decent guides for Surface Channel options

derekjackson
Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm trying to push CineRender a bit to see what we can get as a more flat, graphic look. I feel I'm halfway there, but could really do with a deeper understanding of some of the more advanced shaders.

Does anyone know of any good references / tutorials / courses? The standard AC online guidance is a bit thin when it comes to some of the more advanced concepts, particularly starting to play with combinations of Posterize and Lumas...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try looking for this as for Cinema 4D, Cinerender is a lite version of the Cinema 4D render engine, so if you learn how they work in Cinema 4D you can understand how it works in ARCHICAD. I use Cinema 4D before Cinerender is in ARCHICAD, so when Cinerender came to ARCHICAD I felt at home.

I can't point you right now to a specific tutorial or something, but there is a lot of information online about shaders in Cinema 4D, a lot more than what is for Cienrender in ARCHICAD.

Hope that helps!
derekjackson
Enthusiast
Good idea, thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I think someone has linked it already in a previous topic, maybe you find it useful, about differend noise textures in Cinema 4D:

Cinema 4D Noise Textures