Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Defining Custom Colour Palette

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

In the Edit Color sub-palette, how do you add an already defined colour to the Custom Colours list without overriding what is there? I have a set of Surface Colours which I am wanting to repopulate through my Pen Sets.

colours.jpg

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
4 REPLIES 4

I just memorize or write down the color code and then click on the square I want and then remap.

So I guess know your color, click the square and then remap the settings and then click add to custom color 

Barry Kelly

You have to double click the pen you want to copy.

That will open the colour editor with the pen settings.

Write those setting down.

Now select a custom spot - the settings will change so now you change them back to what you wrote down.

Close and repeat for your next pen - make sure you pick a new custom spot.

You only have the 16 custom spots to fill up.

Now you can open your other pen sets and transfer those custom colours to the pens you want.

Otherwise you can only ever add your original pen colour to the first custom colour spot.

As soon as you choose a different spot, the colour you have picked from your pen set will change to the custom spot you choose - which is why you have to write down your original values before you choose any other custom colour spot except the first one.

Painful - I know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

That is indeed what I did... was just wondering if there was a better way. Reminds me if building Cinerender textures...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660