Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Document & Visualize forum

Demolished doors show up in interior elevations (just the outline of the wall repair)

Robert Nichols
Enthusiast

I have interior elevations where I see the outline of a door that is set for demolition. I assume the outline is the contour of the wall "patch" that fills in after the door goes away. Maybe I've seen this work correctly, but I can't remember what I did to get it reading correctly.

Thanks.

iMac 3.8 ghz Intel, 64gb ram, ArchiCAD v25, MacOS 11.5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution
Robert Nichols
Enthusiast

Thanks, David and Lee. 

Yes, I was just overlooking a setting. My Proposed filter overrides existing walls to hide skin separators and generally make things simpler. That gives me a good plan view, but was the reason I was seeing the door outline in the interior elevations. So I just made another Renovation filter "Proposed - Elevations" the "shows" the existing, instead of overriding as described above. 

Thanks for replying.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Lee Hankins
Advisor

If you change the renovation filter status to Proposed does that help?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - ARCHICAD 26UKI Intel 4019 and Apple Silicon
macOS Ventura (13.0.1)

Robert Nichols:

In my settings, the door outline will not show up if New Elements are set to "Show", it does show up if New Elements are set to "Override".

David

David Maudlin / Architect

www.davidmaudlin.com

Digital Architecture

AC26 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro 2.8GHz | 16 gb ram • OSX10.15.7

Solution
Robert Nichols
Enthusiast

Thanks, David and Lee. 

Yes, I was just overlooking a setting. My Proposed filter overrides existing walls to hide skin separators and generally make things simpler. That gives me a good plan view, but was the reason I was seeing the door outline in the interior elevations. So I just made another Renovation filter "Proposed - Elevations" the "shows" the existing, instead of overriding as described above. 

Thanks for replying.

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!