BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Demolished elements in planned status elevation

sarahric
Contributor
Where I have an existing wall with an existing door or window, and just that door or window gets removed, then the wall hole is automatically infilled in "planned status". This then leaves a line around the element that was removed.
I am trying to produce "as built" drawings so need to not see this line. How can you remove this line? Image attached of existing wall with bigger window removed (smaller window is new).
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
10 REPLIES 10
sarahric
Contributor
This picture is better
Stress Co_
Advisor
Are "Elements to be Demolished"
set to to "Hide"?
Are "New Elements" set to "Show"?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
sarahric
Contributor
Yes, Renovation filter is set with Demolished elements to hide and New elements to show
sarahric
Contributor
Is there no answer to this?
I would like to have proposed elevations and 3D views clean - remove the line left by the demolished element (ie a window removed from a wall leaves the outline in both views and is not clean)
Barry Kelly
If my wall is 'existing' and the window is 'to be demolished', then if my reno filter is set so 'to be demolished' is hidden, then I don't see the window outline when using that filter.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
sarahric
Contributor
Picture attached shows where wall is existing, window is demolished, reno filter is "planned status" with Demo elements hidden
Barry Kelly
Interesting.
If you set your 'existing elements' to 'override', then the demolished wall hole shows.
If you set your 'existing elements' to 'show', then the demolished hole disappears.

I think the logic here is that the demolished window is filled with a 'new' wall - you have no control over this that I can see.
So you are actually seeing a new wall in the existing one - which makes sense.

When 'new' is set to show and 'existing' is set to show, then the walls are both displayed the same and so blend together with no join.
When either or both are set to override, then their display is being altered and the opening will show.
No matter what settings I make to the new and existing overrides, the opening will always show - even if they all match each other or I turn the overrides off with the check box.
You can set the 'new' line colour to white, but of course that will affect all new elements.

So the only solution I see is to set your new and existing overrides to both 'show'.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Try "Show" for existing elements (not "Override"). Might be something happening with that.

EDIT: I see Barry beat me to it. I'll have to try to type faster.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
If you don't want to alter the 'Planned Status' filter, you could always create a new one for final construction.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!