Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Demolished wall in plan & section differ using Reno filters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am having trouble using the Renovation Filter displaying a "demolished" wall in section. See attached. I am using the graphic overrides in the Renovation Filters so that all "Existing" objects are in a black solid hatch fill, all "New" objects are in a grey solid hatch fill, and all "Demolished" objects only have a dotted red outline.

In plan, it looks fine. As described in the image the demolished wall butts up against an existing wall. However, the section of this has something going on. There the area behind the demolished wall shows up blank, even though we all know there is an existing wall behind it.

Any clues?

renovation filter.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
toman311
Enthusiast
This is just a guess, but try putting the demolished wall on a different Layer Intersection Group Number. This may prevent the demolished portion from interacting with the existing portion which then may allow the showing of the existing wall beyond.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
toman311 wrote:
This is just a guess, but try putting the demolished wall on a different Layer Intersection Group Number. This may prevent the demolished portion from interacting with the existing portion which then may allow the showing of the existing wall beyond.
Good guess..but no cigar.
Barry Kelly
I think that is just the way it is.
The plan view is a 2D representation so you wall is really just a fill and because you have set a transparent background to your fills then this is what you are seeing.
However in section you are cutting the wall and that cut has the transparent background as well but there is still a physical 3D wall behind the cut which I assume is why you can't see the wall behind.

In fact in plan I can't override the background fill of the wall - it always remains transparent (unless of course I set a solid fill - then the foreground colour is used).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I think that is just the way it is.
The plan view is a 2D representation so you wall is really just a fill and because you have set a transparent background to your fills then this is what you are seeing.
However in section you are cutting the wall and that cut has the transparent background as well but there is still a physical 3D wall behind the cut which I assume is why you can't see the wall behind.

In fact in plan I can't override the background fill of the wall - it always remains transparent (unless of course I set a solid fill - then the foreground colour is used).

Barry.
Hi Barry, OK - thanks.