Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Demolition in phases

cmorel
Participant
1 - I have a building on which the demolition is done in phases.
2 - I need to work in a single file because CA on phase I is happening while design of phase II and schematics of phase III take place and modification in phase I will impact the other phases.
3 - I can't show all the demo on a single plan using graphic override because of item 2.
4- for each phases, I need to issue demo and proposed drawings.

How do you handle such a situation?
Pinning new elements to phases is easy, but we can't pin demo-ed elements, so ...?
Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB
11 REPLIES 11
Podolsky
Ace
No, Construction Simulation is not working properly. First construction simulation is not working with any known version of MS Project or any another similar software, because it supports ancient file format (don't forget CS from ArchiCAD 7.0 - 25-7=18 years ago)
Then CS was designed in pre-renovation filter and pre- building material era. So these functions are not supported.
And CS will not serve exactly what needed - static views (drawings, 3d) with different demolition and new built stages.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is completely vexing that that this software does not have built-in tools to support some of the most basic purposes of design and construction documentation: to convey changes to a building through time (phasing), and to develop, catalogue, and document design options.

All but the most simple projects require these features. I am so tired of every "wish" for these features to be added is met with a response from GS and others like "you can't do that, but here's a workaround". And the workaround is an overcomplicated, highly technical, and project-bloating maneuver that only works with several caveats. If I wanted to spend my time programming software, I would be a computer engineer, not an architect.