Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Indicator NCS -- no numbers appear

Geof Gainer
Booster
Have I got my settings wrong? I can't get the details numbers to appear with Detail Indicator NCS OSL, though they show up with other indicators.

BTW, what's OSL, or OPH for that matter?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been a long time since I have looked at the NCS markers.

Are they current with the latest library? These functions have changed over the years.

Do the markers display correctly in the layouts? Are the details placed to layouts? If the markers are set to show sheet references they only work once the drawings are placed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You must open the NCS marker with AC 13 first.
And than save it in AC 13 version.
Open it, you will have no problem.
Geof Gainer
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Are they current with the latest library? These functions have changed over the years.

Do the markers display correctly in the layouts? Are the details placed to layouts? If the markers are set to show sheet references they only work once the drawings are placed.
Yup, AC13 Library, and details are all on a layout sheet.

Nope, the plan doesn't display correctly in the layouts either.

As I say, I could use Built-In Detail Marker or Detail Marker Simple -- they display ok -- but I've got a couple dozen detail markers in the plans/sections already and hope I don't have to readjust them all.
Markus wrote:
You must open the NCS marker with AC 13 first.
And than save it in AC 13 version.
Open it, you will have no problem.
The marker came with AC13, not sure what you mean open it then save it in 13 first?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Erika Epstein
Booster
Geof, the marker you are using is not an out of the box archicad detail marker. It looks like someone customized the standard one. Perhaps OSL is their initials?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I misunderstood.
I thought, you use the NCS one from the former version.
In this case this file must be opened as library object first, than save it in own version. And than open it in section tool and so on
Geof Gainer
Booster
Erika wrote:
Geof, the marker you are using is not an out of the box archicad detail marker. It looks like someone customized the standard one. Perhaps OSL is their initials?
Weird -- I've never added any detail markers. No big deal; I'll switch to one that works. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OPH = Opposite Hand
SIM = Similar
def not standard issue

Snap