BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Marker Link

Anonymous
Not applicable
I now use AC11 for Mac.

Is there a way to link the Detail Marker to a standard office detail OUTSIDE (w/o having to import first into the Detail folder of the Project Map first) of the project file. I was hoping AC11 would have made this feature available this time around but I it appears that's not the case.

Thanks.

______
DaveTex
5 REPLIES 5
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Dave, by OUTSIDE, do you mean an external drawing from other archicad file, or a *.dwg , *.pdf, *.jpg file?
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
I meant external drawing (pln file).

Dave Tex
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No, this is not currently possible. It is something that has been wished for many times. AFAIK GS's intended workflow in AC11 is to place or hotlink a module of the detail into a worksheet or detail window.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.

Dave Tex
Gerald D Lock
Advocate
It is possible:
1. place the standard drawing on a layout in your project, using the Place Drawing tool. Ideally you should name the Drawing file with the office standard detail code (if it has one)
2. select the Detail Tool and change the Marker Type option to 'Place a Linked Marker'
3. select the 'With Marker Reference To' option to 'The selected drawing' and select the drawing that you've placed on the layout.

In the marker settings, select Referred Drawing and tick the required content (I usually show Drawing ID and Layout ID)
ArchiCAD will then show the above content in the marker head and of course update it if the drawing moves to a different layout or it's ID changes
ArchiCAD 24 (build 5004)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) Apple M1 Pro 32GB RAM | MacOS 12.0.1

Melbourne, Australia
Learn and get certified!