BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Text Rotation in Layout Book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear community,

I am currently stuck with, what should be a simple problem. Below you will find two pictures, the first is how the text of the detail tool appears in my regular plan view, the second picture shows that the text is rotated when I go to my layout book/print sheet of that drawing. This is because the complete drawing has been rotated a few degrees to make it appear better on paper. Question is how can I keep the text of the detail horizontal in my layout/print sheets?

Thanks in advance!

Milan,
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked this topic? https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51201
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Have you checked this topic? https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=51201
Hope this helps.
Well, yes and no

Seems like they are facing the same problem: There is no Marker in the built in library that lets you easily adept the angle of the marker manually or set a parameter to always appear horizontal in the layout book. Its really annoying, especially since it should be really easy to incorperate this in such a sophisticated program as Archicad...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. You will have to use the built-in detail marker or Detail Marker Simple to do the trick.
But you can always create a whish for this here in the Whish List.
Just to make sure GS will get it in their radar.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well yes, I used those but than it still does not work. Problem is that my layout drawing is angled at 11 degrees to make all the walls come out nice on paper...
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can create a specific View with 11 degrees rotation (check in the bottom of the Quick View Bar) and place it in your layout.
This way, the Detail Marker will read the rotation of the View and display horizontally according to this angle.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
You can create a specific View with 11 degrees rotation (check in the bottom of the Quick View Pallet) and place it in your layout.
This way, the Detail Marker will read the rotation of the View and display horizontally according to this angle.
Hope this helps.
Nice, I will try this today. Ill let you know if it fixed the problem
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
You can create a specific View with 11 degrees rotation (check in the bottom of the Quick View Pallet) and place it in your layout.
Hope this helps.
Is this the one you mean (see picture)? Its all the way on the left of my screen in Archicad. (Forgot what the quick view palette was so that's why I am asking hahaha)

Because I allready used that one to angle the drawing but the marker does not recognize that the drawing has been rotated...
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

This is exactly why your label is rotated in the view placed on the layout. You shouldn't rotate the drawings placed in the layout. Instead save the view from the floor plan with required rotation and uncheck "ignore zoom and rotation" in the view settings. You can rotate the view using Quick Options Bar (Not Quick Options Palette. If you don't see that bar, you can turn it on in Window>Show Quick Options Bar) at the bottom of your workspace (next to zoom settings) and then Redefine your view settings.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will find the Quick Options Pallet here.

And LucaP is right. You will also have to uncheck the "ignore zoom and rotation" in the view settings before you save the saved View.
Learn and get certified!