BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Tool does not work for BIM workflow?

Luiz Louzada
Participant

Not sure if I am right about it, but it seens that there is no possible way in wich I can use the "Detail Tool" to make zoomed views linked to the model. So any changes that eventually come up in my project need to be manually actualized in the "detail views" that i created with this tool. Not only that, but all the Label Tools that I use in a Detail wont work with an Autotext such as Element ID cause it´s all 2D drawings. Am I right?

1 REPLY 1
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

unfortunately that's the case.

AC takes a snapshot of whatever is inside the bounding box & simplifies them to the lowest attribute. it's almost the same as exploding composite walls into lines/polylines & fills. albeit, the Detail fills are set to whatever Building Material Fill is set in the Composite.

In the Detail window, you lose the ability to tag composites because you're now tagging Building Material Fills & not the composite walls/slabs/roofs themselves.

there are workarounds in our workflow, but yes, i do wish you're able to retain them as actual BIM elements & not 'exploded' 2D.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Learn and get certified!