Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Detail library in small firms

cmorel
Participant

I was wondering how folks manage their 2d detail library.

We are a small office doing a VERY wide range of commercial projects where each architect/project manager works on their own project from A to Z. 

We are working hard to establish standards / better workflows and one of them would be to use a shared detail library.

I was thinking of sharing a pln with worksheets organized by divisions from which we can either copy / paste or hot link.

Thoughts? Advice?

Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB
3 REPLIES 3
Ian Knowles
Participant

Have you seen this other thread not sure it's the most up-to-date approach but it gives some workarounds. We are looking at similar issues of how to refine the construction drawing elements and how much of the 3d modelling drives the construction details.

I read it, but it's dated, hence my newest post.

I was hoping there'd be a new feature in 26 or something I had missed that would make searching,  retrieving and linking the details easier...

Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB
cmorel
Participant

@Emoke Csikos @Laszlo

I can't find an article on workflow for this topic. Should I have posted under Project Management?

Caroline
AC 19 - 27 USA
OS Sonoma
MacBook Pro - 32GB