Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail marker link to separate ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All
I've done a search and can't find anything on this, but i can't believe I'm the first person to raise the issue:

Is it possible to link a detail marker to the placed drawing in a separate ArchiCAD file? Working with a large project with separate archicad file - model and drawing info in File 1 and Layouts in File 2.

Normally you can link a detail/section/elevation marker to the placed corresponding drawing on the layout, but it doesn't seem possible if linking to a separate archicad file where the layouts are.

If it's not possible, it should be! Wishlist!?
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think it is a Wishlist item.
Would be a great feature though if implemented as it is a totally legitimate request: there are Teamwork Projects so large as to require several Project Files. Or when creating Campuses, separate buildings are in separate Project Files, which is also a possible method of project organization.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just realized this can't be done! It would be helpful to link to a separate Archicad file. I'm resorting to custom settings for the markers.. hopefully the drawings they are linking to won't be moved around.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been running separate Model and Layout files, and all the linked detail markers seem to work.

They show #DrgID in the model file, but all work fine in the layout file.

(maybe I misread the question)
jameshart
Newcomer
Is there a place where we can vote for this wishlist item? We are having this problem today on a large project with separate model & document files.
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think no wish was created for this. You may create a wish for it, I would vote Essential.
If you do create a wish, please do it in the Construction Wishes Forum and then post a link to the Wish in this thread.
jameshart
Newcomer
laszlonagy wrote:
I think no wish was created for this. You may create a wish for it, I would vote Essential.
If you do create a wish, please do it in the Construction Wishes Forum and then post a link to the Wish in this thread.
Ok, I created the post in the Construction Wishes Forum here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=48775
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Great, and I voted.