BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail tool - Reference ID not updating BUG

We have big projects with ~300 details, and when we change Detail "Reference ID", that ID is not updated in Detail tool callout element. If you make update all drawings detail "Reference ID" remains unchanged. Only when you move "Detail tool" callout it gets updated. So to fix this we need to go though all ~hundreds of sections and move all "Detail tool" callouts by hand to get reference ID updated.

Does anyone knows How to solve this bug ?
GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

5 REPLIES 5
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Algimantas,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate the issue with a brand new file in Archicad 23 INT 5005. I'm wondering if there is anything special about your working file (migration from previous versions, or a teamwork file, etc...). If it is possible, I would like to have a closer look with the file. If you need a secure place to upload it feel free to let me know!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
It looks to me like it is a 'Linked' marker and not a 'Source' marker.
So it will use the ID of the marker that it is linked to.

I am not sure that you can change it back to being a 'Source' marker though.
Maybe there is a way but I have never used linked detail markers before and had to change them back to source.
If you do it seems to me that the 'Source' marker that it is linked to will become a 'Linked' marker - i.e. it just swaps which one is linked to which.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I'm having the same issue - Using linked markers rather than source markers to link to a worksheet of details but if I change the Drawing ID of the placed worksheet view, the detail marker does not update without opening the settings and closing them again or moving the marker around. Has anyone found a fix?

Hi Olivia,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue!

Past investigation showed that the issue is most likely happening in Teamwork environment. May I ask you if that is the case?
If not I would like to ask you to try and reproduce the problem in a new file and share the steps with us in detail. 

Looking forward hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as OliviaJE. 

And yes it is happening in Teamwork environment. What does that mean and are there any solutions?

This is a serious shortcoming which has caused our office to send out mislabeled drawings. We are now forced to manually review and cross check all drawings and correct these issues. If we can't rely on Archicad to handle links then that time cost and uncertainty alone renders it useless for most projects. 

Regards,

Learn and get certified!