Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detailing call outs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to create some detailing call outs, and have managed to use the detailing tool. This has created views in the navigator project map, however to see them correctly im constantly having to switch to 'renovation proposed' and 'rebuild from source view'. When I go to the Navigator view map, I can see the detail views, however the default seems to be 'renovation existing' and there does not appear to be anyway to change this.

see extracts.

Im really struggling with the documentation side of ArchiCAD, for commercial reasons i've now reverted to AutoCAD to produce the detailed sections and details needed for this project. The AC environment for these task is not easy or intuitive, not that any BIM platform is any different. I just hope I get through this pain for the next project.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
To reset the renovation filter used in the view settings, open the detail.
Change the reno filter to what you want - you will get a message that you are changing the status of a non-auto re-build viewpoint - choose 'Change Anyway'.
Now open the settings of your detail view and at the top click the 'Get Current Window Settings' button.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11