Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Different Elevation Fill Color

dhnguyen
Contributor

I need to submit a set of document for zoning and the zoning board requires all new work to be shown in RED and existing work to stay as black.

In this image below, suppose my first floor wall are existing and 2nd floor wall are New. They are set in the appropriate Renovation Filter Setting.

I tried a bunch of settings (such as changing the line color to be red, changing the new fill color to be red, changing the surface color to be red) and was unable to get the new walls to show up as Red in the Layout Space... Could you pls show me how to do it?

1.JPG

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You probably want to keep the Surface setting the same as for your normal CDs and use a Renovation Filter to override the Cover Fill Pen Color for New Elements. For example, here is how a Renovation Filter could be designed for your Zoning Board drawings:

Reno Override New Red Cover fill.png
Ransom Ratcliff
RATCLIFF CONSULTING LLC
Charrette Venture Group
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 26
Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit
macOS + Windows

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dhnguyen
Contributor

sorry, I just want to expand on this a little bit more.

Here's what I was able to do. I was able to make the wall fill shade to appear as black(grey) on the first floor. New wall fill shade on the 2nd floor as red.

But in elevation fill, the 1st floor wall shows up as red. I suspect it has to do with the surface color. I changed the surface color to black but it's still showing up as red...---- where do I go to change this color to black?

WALL.JPG

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Solution

You probably want to keep the Surface setting the same as for your normal CDs and use a Renovation Filter to override the Cover Fill Pen Color for New Elements. For example, here is how a Renovation Filter could be designed for your Zoning Board drawings:

Reno Override New Red Cover fill.png
Ransom Ratcliff
RATCLIFF CONSULTING LLC
Charrette Venture Group
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 26
Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit
macOS + Windows

thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know!

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25