BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Different scales on different objects in floor plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a site plan and would like to include the locality plan on the same page - is there any way of having the site plan at 1:200 and the locality plan at 1:500. Alternatively I know I can save the locality plan at 1:500 and insert it on the site plan - but I don't know how to save it at the correct scale (i.e after having used zoom).

Hope this makes sense!
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Save views of each drawing at the scale you want. These views are then placed on layout sheets.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
But I can't do that as I always use the zoom function so it's not precisely the right scale when I save it as an image?
Erika Epstein
Booster
It sounds like you are struggling with 2 different settings, one the scale of the view/drawing and the other how much of the image you are seeing i.e. the cropping of each view.

You save the site plan as many views as you want it different scales.
Then for each view/drawing you can crop each placed instance by adjusting the edge of the image.

For example on one layout you can have multiple views of the site plan, one at a small scale that shows the entire site and another at a larger scale that is cropped to the area around the building.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you placing drawings on a layout or trying to have multiple scales in plan view? The former is easy, the latter is difficult and unnecessary. Perhaps I am not understanding correctly. Can you describe your process in a bit more detail?
fnderimo
Contributor
kiwistudent wrote:
I'm working on a site plan and would like to include the locality plan on the same page - is there any way of having the site plan at 1:200 and the locality plan at 1:500. Alternatively I know I can save the locality plan at 1:500 and insert it on the site plan - but I don't know how to save it at the correct scale (i.e after having used zoom).

Hope this makes sense!
It seems kiwi student wants to include raster image of locality plan to plan view of site plan
As Mathews suggested this could be easily done on layout map.
"The Power of Brain is Infinity"

Leka
PRECISION7740WORKSTATION,Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM 128GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!
I am trying to mach my air photos to my city block drawing and they do not match. When I measure my city block is 801.552 m and same block in my air photo reads 0.037. I am new at this and some one guide me in a good manner.
Thank you so much.

Read More
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
harry121:

Use the Resize... command, Define graphically, by clicking on two known points on the image, then placing the 3rd click at the correct distance. In the Help files see: Interaction > Editing Elements > Modify Element Sizes > Resize (Enlarge or Reduce) Elements.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!