BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Glitch? Changes my dimensions to "only core"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to possibly be having a glitch with some dimensions (or more likely a setting I can’t find)… I've noticed that when adding dimensions to a Standard, by alt+click and then click on the new composite wall, it will only dimension to the core. This leaves that string with a combination of settings: the original part of the string is not ticked “dimension only to core…” while the addition to that string must have that box ticked (even though I can’t see it). So we have to open the dim settings, tick the box, click ok, then open the settings again and untick the box, click ok, and the newly added part of the dim string changes to the overall width of the composite. I know a way to change it is to make the composite all “core” but why would the dim default to “only core” when we are alt clicking settings from a dim that doesn’t have that box ticked?… All our favourites, and all the dimensions don’t have that box ticked, so I am confused as to why it’s defaulting to “only core” when we add to the string. Making a completely new string seems to keep the right settings. It’s just being weird when we alt+click. But not every time either! Any insight? (We’re still using 18 atm)
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It seems that ALT-clicking does not transfer this dimension core only setting.
It will remain as it is set in the default for the dimension tool so you will have to check that before placing the dimension.

However the favourites do change this setting so you could save a favourite with this off and another with this on - then make sure you use your favourites when placing a dimension.

There is no change in 19.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! That's exactly the issue.
Learn and get certified!