Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension problems AC16 and AC 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have som problem when i want to show the radius of round walls.
This is a problem i experienced in AC 16 but hoped it will be resolved in AC 17.
I am very sad to se that it did not get resolved.
Now i have to draw my own reference line on either side of the wall and put it on a unseen layer. very very frustrating since i have a lot of round walls i the projects.
And i don't want to change the reference line parameters of the wall because then it changes the placement of the wall

Do any have a smart solution?
Thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
MOre pic
Anonymous
Not applicable
more pics
Barry Kelly
I don't see a problem - could you explain it in more detail.
You just need to click on the edge of the wall or the reference line you want to dimension.
There is no need to draw arcs around the edges of the wall.
Attached image is just a wall on its own with the reference line inside the edge - nothing else there.

Just experimenting and it is not possible to dimension the skins of the curved walls (as you can with straight walls in 17) but you can certainly dimension the inside and outside surfaces.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Not with the Radial Dimension Tool, but you can dimension to the skins of a curved wall with the regular Dimension Tool.

Why not just use the regular dimension tool ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm yes i could use the normal dimension tool but then you cant move it around. ((