BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension text disappearing when changing storey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I have a strange problem which I can't figure out.
When I put text on a dimension, "<MeasuredValue>¶win" to denote that the distance is the width of the opening, it will occasionally disappear if I change to the subfloor storey and then back to my ground floor storey.
It only disappears when I use the View Map, if I use Ctrl+F2/Ctrl+F3 to go up and down storeys it stays there.
I should also mention, it doesn't happen to every piece of text on the same dimension string.

Does this happen to anyone else?

AC21, pretty sure it's up to date, Windows 7 Pro
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru
If it is disappearing only when you used the View Map, it sounds like a layer display issue... though I did not know that text within an object could be on multiple layers, more so text within a single line... I do not recall there being a MVO option for text. So, check whether the relevant text layers are active in your Views Layer Combination.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
It only happens to certain pieces of text on the same string of dimensions, so I doubt it is a layer issue?
Also, if I were to go to the first floor and then back to the ground floor in the view map, everything is still there.
It only seems to be when I go to the subfloor (storey No. -1, elevation -325) that some text disappears.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone else have an idea of what could be causing this? It doesn't present well on construction drawings when text is missing.
It's just a guess, obviously, but I'd look at your dimension styles, which are saved with the View Map. It could be that the View where the dimension goes missing has acquired a strange dimension style, which gets changes when you access it through the View Map, but wouldn't change when just go up or down a story.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
JaseBee
Advocate
Dimension text positions can display in different positions at different scales... could be that, or maybe a Reno filter option... seems odd though.
AC 24 5004 AUS
iMac OSX (10.13.6) 4.2ghz i7
8gb ram/8gb vram
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello FroDaddy,

I think this might be what you are looking for:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=58638

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant