Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension witness line length displaying incorrectly in view unless updated manually

Liamthanks
Booster
Hi all,

I am having another issue with my drawings in AC24 whereby the views that contain dimensions in them are not displaying the witness line lengths as they appear in the drawing unless the view is manually opened and then updated.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? I don't want to be manually opening every view with dimensions each time I make a change on the drawings.
AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I am not sure of the cause of the problem.

But are you placing a view point from the Project map onto your layout, or are you saving as a view in the View Map and then placing that on your layout?

Are you re-scaling the drawing once placed on the layout (i.e. no longer 100% resolution) ?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Liamthanks
Booster
Hi Barry,

All the views are saved within the View Map and either directly dragged from the View Map to the Layout, or re-linked (in the case of an overlay) to the required view.
AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM
Liamthanks
Booster
I have an update on this situation. It appears that if I have opened a view at a certain scale, any additional views that open after this will update correctly. So by first opening a plan at 1:100, this allows the first few plans to update with correct witness line lengths, and then opening the very first layout at 1:50 results in the remaining layouts updating correctly.

Not sure if this information gives anyone any more ideas?