BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensioning Graphic Bug

DGSketcher
Legend

Anyone else noticing that where an opaque value is applied to the dimension string at some point the first dimension masking drops and wipes out the dimension line?

It can be fixed with "Revert to Automatic Position", but there is no easy way to apply that to all dimensions and you may not want to anyway if text has been moved to a custom position.

Not a disaster but definitely not a good reflection on our presentation skills. ☹️

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 09.10.34.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend

Has been criticized for years. Shame!

Don't know why that is so hard to fix.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
David Shorter
Advisor

@DGSketcher Slightly different but similar. The first dim on the string was OK until I dragged it.

Then even though it was moved horizontally the box enlarged enough to cover the line

Untitled 5.jpg

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

@David Shorter That one has bugged me for years. You drag a text parallel to the dimension line but it still repositions itself when placed.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@DGSketcher the text doesn't move the box gets bigger as far as I can see. Note the angle in my image above

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Learn and get certified!