Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensioning

Nic
Newcomer

my dimensioning tool works fine.  however i have one wall that it will not dimensions 

as always i click on the left wall and right wall, but when i double click for it to show the dimensions it will only show the left wall width and nothing else.  doesn't show the room size and the right wall width. 

i checked the right wall and cant seem to see anything wrong with it.

3 REPLIES 3

Check this link will help you create linear dimensions : https://help.Graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F070_Docum...

with wall thickness you will find cursor looks like bold Mercedes mark and rather than no. 5 to left click you can right click and choose ok then place the dimension line.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Barry Kelly

I assume you are doing horizontal or vertical dimensions.

You will probably find the wall you can not dimension is not horizontal or vertical - i.e. not perpendicular to your dimension line.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Thomas Holm
Booster

I’d like to elaborate a little on Barry’s reply. What you describe happens to me when the walls I’m dimensioning aren’t exactly parallel. You’ll have to correct that, or place hotspots on the second wall to get points to dimension to. 

AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1