Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions and CORE ONLY

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Wow... I know I dimensioned my project last week.... but now I open up my dimension plan to find NO DIMENSIONS... how can this be...

So I check RENO FILTER (I have one called ALL so I can find stuff with the wrong status)... Still nothing.

Turn on ALL Layers... Still Nothing

Change to ALL PENS BLACK... still nothing...

Start re-dimensioning plans....

Come back today, and just by chance switch to CORE ONLY to work on more dimensioning.... ALL my old dims show up...

I did not know that dimensions are TIED to the MODEL DISPLAY you use when laying them down...

For me, this is LUDICROUS... The whole reason for having core only is to TEMPORARILY turn off extra lines and be able to easily hit CORE components with dims.... Then turn back on FULL MODEL to show finishes...

Am I the only one who feels this way?

It is clear that when I switch between CORE ONLY and FULL MODEL I get a different set of dimensions (I happened to use different color pens each session)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
1 REPLY 1
wholeheartedly agree. This has caused hours of repetitious, wasted work in this office. no benefit to this feature whatever.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1