BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions disappearing from details on layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, but I have a serious problem that is affecting me and my team across multiple versions of Archicad (20-22), and I cannot seem to figure out what is causing this. It seems like a bug but I have had no luck diagnosing the problem.

The Problem:
When I load up a teamwork project, and I go to print (either saving a pdf or printing) my standard process is as such: I will go to the layout book, send and receive, reserve all sheets and sub elements that I wish to print. Then I update those, which takes anywhere from 30 sec-3 min. I then go through and I will notice some of our dimensions in details will be missing. I can even right click a specific drawing on the layout, hit update, and it will not update.

The only fix I have:
The only solution to this is if I navigate to the source view (either via right click, or the views tree), the dimensions will be there. Then as I return to the layout, the dimensions will return. This is highly inefficient and honestly dangerous if we were to miss some of this information in a submitted document.

I have looked online and found no resolution or even a reason for this. This seemingly only occurs in details, not plan or worksheet views. Do dimensions just not work in the details?

Below I have pictures and a link to a video showing the way I have to fix it.
and here is the video:

https://youtu.be/6qi-2QauNNs

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-K
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Just to ask the obvious question: Are the Dims placed in the correct layer and does the saved View does not have Custom as the Layer Set?

If it is ok check your Renovation Settings too.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
We currently do all info on our details on the Archicad Layer to avoid any layer combo misteps.

As far as renovation filters, it's project by project, but we notice it even when the dims are on the correct renovation status for them to show correctly based on the saved view.
Eduardo Rolon
Time to check if you are running on the latest version and if so then contact your Rep so that he can escalate the problem.. AFAIK I have not read on anybody else having the same problems so somebody else might chime in.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo thank you so much, I think that is my only solution as well. If I find anything else I will post back.

I did have a strong suspicion it was our renovation filters for a long time, but so far still no fix.
Learn and get certified!