Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Dimensions look different in 3D_document and Layout Book

A_ Smith
Expert
Does anybody knows why they don't look the same? AC22

(3d_document was opened from Layout Book - so same settings, layers are applied)
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Smith,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Archicad, recorded as #254998. The reason behind this behavior is that the "Horizontal Text" does not really work for Elevation Dimension in this case, but it was not removed either. Thus, it created the result as on the screenshots you have attached.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if I can assist any further in this case!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That is an interesting issue. I cannot think of anything that would cause those Elevation dimensions to change like that on Layouts. So I will report this to GRAPHISOFT as a possible bug.

There is one thing you could try. Does this happen if you start a brand new project based on the default Archicad template? I am trying to figure out if this is file-specific or happens even with default settings on brand-new projects.

Also, if you are not on the latest update of Archicad 22, you could try updating to it and see if that helps. Many bugs are indeed fixed in updates.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Smith,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of Archicad, recorded as #254998. The reason behind this behavior is that the "Horizontal Text" does not really work for Elevation Dimension in this case, but it was not removed either. Thus, it created the result as on the screenshots you have attached.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if I can assist any further in this case!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

A_ Smith
Expert
Thank you, Minh for info

It isn't so crucial, not a big deal. But it'd be nice not to manual make screenshots and store pictures in layout book though.
AC 22, 24 | Win 10