Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions shown on all levels

scsp
Participant
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to dimension a floor plan and have that dimension string show up on all levels. For example, I would like the dimensions for all exterior building walls to show up on all levels as well as the dimensions of the elevator shaft. (I don't plan on doing a structural grid on this plan).

Thanks!
scsp
4 REPLIES 4
sinceV6
Advocate

Hi.

One way is to use an object and set it to display on all levels.

You can use one of the first two objects from this bimcomponents.com search.

EXPODTL
Contributor

I tried this and it seems to not work.  It only shows on one level.  It is gray and hard to read.  It only dimensions in Metric.  Is there a way to adjust this?  I need dual Metric and Feet Inches.

DGSketcher
Legend

You could isolate the dimensions on a separate layer, create a view with just that layer displayed and then overlay the view on your layout sheet.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
J_Tucks
Booster

This trick should work for you:

Dimension one floor level with all of the dimensions you need. Then go to 'Edit Elements by Stories' which is found under the 'Design' menu. Untick all except for your Dimensions. Choose the levels you wish to have them duplicated on. The dimensions will be replicated on every level and remain associated to the walls on that level. See attached.

Edit Elements by Stories.png
ARCHICAD 25 - Mac OS Monterey - MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16gb DDR3