Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions to Hotspots disappear

cgrimley
Contributor

Dimensions to hotspots in elevations and sections go missing when updating drawing on a layout. Attached is a video showing what's happening.

If I open a layout and update an elevation/section. Any dimensions that are linked to a hotspot disappear, but when I open the drawing the dimensions are there, then if I go back to the layout and update the drawing, they show up again.
If I open the section/elevation first, then go to the layout and update the drawing, they do not disappear. 
If the dimension is linked to a building element, they do not disappear. If the dimension is linked to a 2D line or circle, they do not disappear.

I've tried on several different projects and it's happening in them all. I've tried on PLN files as well as teamwork files, on multiple computers using different macOS versions. It only appears to occur in teamwork files. I've tried with only one instance of Archicad open, as well as multiple instances and always get the same result. I've tried using our company template as well as the default Archicad template. It occurs every time I, or other users, open the project and update the drawings.

I believe this is a bug and have sent it on to my local Graphisoft rep.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Maybe it has something to do with renovation status?

You can't set it or change it in the hotspot settings.

But they will be set according to the renovation palette settings when you place them

You can also change them via that renovation palette.

BarryKelly_0-1660613270572.png

BarryKelly_1-1660613279610.png

BarryKelly_2-1660613286247.png

I don't know why 'New' does not show in the info box.

This was in version 25.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ryejuan
Advisor

I have also been encountered this dimension problem as well when using teamwork especially those MVO that goes missing... 😐

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

I've tested out different renovation statuses, model view options, graphic override combinations, and every other graphic adjustment that Archicad has. I thought it might be happening in a project that was migrated from 24 to 25 to 26 (this also happens in 25, but not in 24) so I tried the Archicad default template, and once it's teamworked then the dimensions disappear, but only until you open the section/elevation. If it's a PLN then there's no problem.

Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
cgrimley
Contributor

Update: Graphisoft has more or less confirmed it's a bug and are working on a fix. The workaround is to NOT dimension to hotspots in elevations or sections.

Casey Grimley
AC24