Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Dimention not working on walls despite them being parallel

Rosen Angelov
Contributor

Hello everyone. I am having an issue with my internal dimentions. I dimention between walls but when I click to finish my dimention line it just disappears. Normally that would happen when walls are not parallel but even at max zoom and angle accuracy set to 4 decimals I cannot find anything but perfectly straight walls. I also tried doing it between multiple combinations of different walls and its still not working. Its as if any two walls in my entire building are not parallel to each other. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

go to this link:  https://runxel.xyz/Archicad-objects/

and download the Wandprufer label at the bottom of the page. Add it to your library and east the walls in question to verify that they are in fact orthogonal.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
4dProof
Advisor

try dimensioning 1 segment, then using command/control click to add dimensions to other segments. The dimension tool is one of the most oddly quirky/buggy/glitchy tools in AC... I know what you are describing, but I've never had it happen repeatedly. Normally it happens, but works on the second or third attempt for me

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Solution

go to this link:  https://runxel.xyz/Archicad-objects/

and download the Wandprufer label at the bottom of the page. Add it to your library and east the walls in question to verify that they are in fact orthogonal.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Tried that before posting. Also tried it on other PC in the office. No luck. I eventually dimentioned all the floor plans point by point... 

Tried the tool. Turns out I have somehow managed to rotate most of the walls in angles of 0,000007 degrees.