Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Direct Link plugin for Twinmotion is not working with AC26 ( MAC)

Yelo
Newcomer

Hi everybody,

I recently upgraded to AC26, using the latest MAC silicon version ( 26, UKI, 4032, MacArm64, Full)

Unfortunately, I have issues with the direct-link file. After adding the plugin through the add-on manager, the following message appears:
The file is an outdated Add-On that cannot be used with this Archicad version.
Does anybody know what could be the problem? I cannot use Twinmotion with this version currently.

Any help would be appreciated,

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 13.33.15.png

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 13.44.49.png

Thanks,

Marton

AC has the latest version and the direct link plugin file is the one that is available on the Twinmotion webpage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

The Datasmith link doesn't work with Silicon version of AC26 and the update hasn't been released yet. The forum for Twinmotion suggests it should be available in the next month.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution

The Datasmith link doesn't work with Silicon version of AC26 and the update hasn't been released yet. The forum for Twinmotion suggests it should be available in the next month.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Hi Lee,
Thanks for the info and the quick reply.

Marton

Adam_Weiss
Contributor

Hi Lee,

Has this issue been addressed in the latest Twinmotion 2023.1 Preview 2 that dropped this week?

Adam

Hi,

The direct link plug-in is separate to the Twinmotion application. There was initially a post suggesting the silicon version of the direct link plug in would be released at the same time as the official release of Twinmotion 2023 but I don’t think it was. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Resistopoulos
Contributor

Hi,

Has a M1/M2 compatible plugin been released in the meantime? I'm planning on purchasing a Mac Studio shortly for Archicad… 

Thanks, Alexandre 

Archicad 26 / MacBook Pro 16" i9 / macOS Ventura (13.4)

Not that I have seen yet.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

So is the (hopefully short-term) solution to install the Intel version of Archicad and plugin on a Mac Studio? And sync that with Twinmotion? 
Defeats the purpose of buying a new Mac… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Archicad 26 / MacBook Pro 16" i9 / macOS Ventura (13.4)