BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Disapearing Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was projecting an elevation this morning, then had to change one thing. After that, the elevation came up blank, as did 7 out of 8 of my elevations. Just in case my change was the problem, I got the back-up file from before, which had projected the elevation fine just an hour before, and tried again. Blanks all around, even though it was the unaltered file and should not behave differently.

However, one elevation consistently projected, with no difference in settings that I could detect between those that did not, so the file was capable of producing elevations.

I tried all the usual things, re-starting the server, archiCAD the computer, etc. Even tried on three different machines--no difference.

Can anyone help?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess you can consider the data lost in case you don't have a backup. It might have something to do with hardware issues (damaged memory card) or a not up-to-date ArchiCAD.

Good luck . . .
Erika Epstein
Booster
By any chance did you select the problematic section markers and change their setting to zero depth or something else that might cause the sections not to be cutting through the model?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you create another brand new Elevation at the same place as one of your Elevations, does that work correctly? Because if it does the problem may be in the Elevation Settings.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!