Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Disappearing stairs when placing views on layout

roderick
Contributor

Hello all, I have a mystery here that I need your help to solve.  I am working on a project presentation and I have one specific staircase that when I place the view on layouts that specific staircase disappears from the layout view.

It is not anything related to layers or graphic overrides, since other staircases visible in that same view show up fine.  It's only that specific staircase which is the problem.  See screenshots below.  In the view you can see the start of the spiral staircase at the lower level, but when I place the view on the layout the specific staircase decides to have some panic attack and hides out of view.

Also, if I go to the layout, select the view and from the context menu select to open the source view the staircase is right there !

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 12.02.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-14 at 12.03.29 PM.png
Roderick Anderson
SARCO Architects Costa Rica
Archicad 25 SPA
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max - Apple Studio Display - OSX 12.51 (latest)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
roderick
Contributor

Interestingly, I found this post on the Graphisoft Community where the same behaviour was happening back in 2019 to other people, but in their case it seemed to be with all staircases.  See link here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Disappearing-stairs/m-p/275378#M43137

I just tried the solution mentioned there, which was setting the element (in this case the staircase) to another renovation status and then setting it back to all relevant status, and it worked!  The staircase now shows up correctly when the view is placed on the layout.

Mark this solved !

Roderick Anderson
Archicad 25 SPA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
roderick
Contributor

@Laszlo have you ever seen anything like this?

Roderick Anderson
Archicad 25 SPA
DGSketcher
Legend

Have you checked the Renovation status of the stair object and the View settings?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hi DGSketcher, I did check that.  The renovation status is set to all relevant renovation filters and the view is set to planned status.

Actually the stair DOES display correctly in the view.  The problem is that when I place the view on the layout it decides to do its disappearing act.

I've also created a new layout entirely and tried dragging the view onto the new layout sheet, but with the same results.

Roderick Anderson
Archicad 25 SPA
Solution
roderick
Contributor

Interestingly, I found this post on the Graphisoft Community where the same behaviour was happening back in 2019 to other people, but in their case it seemed to be with all staircases.  See link here: https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Disappearing-stairs/m-p/275378#M43137

I just tried the solution mentioned there, which was setting the element (in this case the staircase) to another renovation status and then setting it back to all relevant status, and it worked!  The staircase now shows up correctly when the view is placed on the layout.

Mark this solved !

Roderick Anderson
Archicad 25 SPA

I’ve had issues in the past with views on layouts not showing the same content as the view itself. Try closing the model but leave Archicad open. Then navigate to the File/ Open menu and open the file again but select the option to open and repair. This has fixed this issue for me. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)